This note describes the (long) process of installing an 11g Fusion Middleware environment with Forms, Reports, Discoverer and Portal on an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.6 64 Bit platform.
If you are not using Oracle Portal , then you do not need to configure Identity Management and Single Sign On which is a real big pain as there is no 11g SSO as yet and we have to install, upgrade and configure 10g SSO/DAS as well with a number of patches.
These are the top level steps:
- Run inspre11.pls (with -op1)
- Install SSO MRCA 10.1.4.3.1 on Windows – not available for 64 bit Linux – change compatibility to Windows XP since we have installed on Windows 7 client PC (ofm_sso_rcu_win_10.1.4.3.1_disk1_1of1.zip)
- Reset the ODS Password
- Run inspre11.pls (with -op2)
- Install SSO/DAS 10.1.4.0.1 (into a NEW Oracle Home – this must be a different Oracle Home from OID/DIP 11gR1)
- Apply patch 688088 (p6880880_101000_Linux-x86-64.zip)
- Apply Patch 5649850 for release 10.1.0.5 (p5649850_10105_GENERIC.zip)
- Apply patch 6265268 (p6265268_101430_GENERIC.zip)
- Upgrade SSO/DAS to 10.1.4.3 (p7215628_101430_LINUX.zip)
- Run inspre11.pls (with -op3)
Read the note: