Thank you for registering for the online training course –“Oracle 12c Data Guard/Backup and Recovery Workshop”.
The 20 hour weekend (Saturday 11.00 AM US EST / 9.30 PM IST) or weekday (8.00 PM US EST/6.30 AM IST) online training course will include a number of hands-on lab exercises for each module (for which remote support will be provided).
Recordings of each session will be provided in case for any reason you cannot attend a session or wish to refer back to something which was discussed in the session.
- Creating a Physical Standby Database
- Configuring and Managing a Data Guard environment using Data Guard Broker
- Creating a Logical Standby database
- Creating and Managing a Snapshot Standby Database
- Configuring Active Data Guard
- Monitoring Redo Transport and Redo Apply lag
- Configuring Data Protection Modes and Redo Transport Modes
- Performing a switchover
- Performing a failover
- Using Flashback Database in a Data Guard Configuration
- Enabling Fast-Start Failover
- Creating and managing a Far-Sync Data Guard Configuration
Backup and Recovery
- Oracle database maximum availability architecture (MAA) overview
- Configuring the Fast Recovery Area
- Performing full and incremental backups
- Oracle Suggested Strategy (OSS) backups
- Backups in a data warehouse environment
- Backing up archive log files
- Configuring autobackup of control files and spfile
- Compressed and encrypted backups
- Multisection backups
- Image copies and backupsets
- Managing backups and reporting on backups
- Data Recovery Advisor
- Configure block change tracking
- Recovery from loss of control files
- Recovery from loss of data files
- Recovery from loss of redo log files
- Performing point-in-time recovery
- Recovering from block corruptions
- Recover a table
- Flashback Database
- Flashback Table
Your Instructor for this training is
In addition to being an Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Certified Master, I am also an Oracle University approved trainer having conducted a number of training courses both for Oracle University as well as independently for a number of clients – both onsite as well as online.
The cost of the training is only $549.00 USD which includes a lifetime subscription and access to all the documents,tutorials and notes available on the “Oracle DBA Tips & Techniques” website.
Kindly use the link below to make the payment which will complete the registration process.
Feedback from previous courses
I would say this class is superb! I thoroughly enjoyed the class very descriptive and the explanatory and it is very clear. Lab exercises are very valuable. After completing of all the labs I feel more confident. This class surely exceeded my expectations. I am looking forward to take OGG advanced Workshop.
Thanks Gavin it was amazing and I would definitely want to attend the advanced workshop. Kindly let me know the dates for the same.
The course is fantastic and presentation is great. I enjoyed the course very well and upgraded my skills in Goldengate administration.
I am very much interested to attend your future courses and please let me know.
Overall it is a great feeling that I am learning the GG skills from the right person and expert and can’t wait to attend the next course.
The Exadata course was a fantastic experience to me. I can’t Thank you enough for your patience to solve the issue & roadblock I used to get during lab sessions. You were prompt in replying emails and log onto my computer to solve the issues.
In past also I have attended Oracle training from Oracle Corp but during lab sessions, it wasn’t as helpful as you helped on every step.