This note explains the procedure used to install 10.2.0.5 Grid Control on a Linux operating system (64 bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6) as well as the steps taken to upgrade the repository database from the default 10.1.0.4 version to 10.2.0.5.
We will be using the silent installation method and not doing the installation using the OUI in interactive mode.
The steps can be broadly outlined as follows:
• Install any missing RPM’s especially the 32 bit RPM’s needed for OEM
• Create the users and groups
• Configure kernel parameters and hosts file
• Edit the response files needed for the silent installation
• Install Grid Control 10.2.0.3 (OMS and Agent) using response files
• Upgrade Grid Control to 10.2.0.5 using response files
• Configure database repository (10.1.0.4) and OMS using response files
• Upgrade repository database to 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.1) using DBUA
• Apply 10.2.0.5 patch to database software and upgrade repository database to 10.2.0.5
Download the software
Download the Grid Control software from the following link:
We need the 10.2.0.3 OEM Grid Control base release and the 10.2.0.5 patch release.
Create a staging directory and unzip all the downloaded software there.
Download and read the rest of this note.
Last Update: May 30, 2020